- In July, the University of Warsaw hosted the "4EU + Against Cancer" summer school for students and researchers and the main focus was on clinical and preclinical research in the field of molecular and clinical oncology. The event is part of the 4EU + Alliance: Urban Health and Demographic Change flagship program, coordinated by Dr. Catherine Suski-Grabowski from ICM University of Warsaw.
- ICM UW develops and supplies the Taxila framework in Poland for quick and practical analysis of scientific texts. Thanks to the cooperation with the Systems Biology Institute in Tokyo and the resources of the Virtual Library of Science (WBN), dozens of doctors and scientists from recognized medical centers throughout Poland have already benefited from the workshops dedicated to the use of Taxila in oncology and in research on Covid-19.
- Responsibility for algorithms, the use of AI in a medical entity, business and technological aspects, cooperation with startups and finally the role of blockchain in health – these are the main topics of the second edition of the “AI in Health” conference, which will take place on June 14 and it will be a stationary event. ICM UW supports the event as the Chief Member of the AI in Health …
- From January 1st, Dr. Robert Sot has become the acting Director of the Interdisciplinary Center for Mathematical and Computational Modeling at the University of Warsaw. Pursuant to the decision of the Rector of the University of Warsaw on January 1, 2022, Dr. Robert Sot replaced Dr. Marek Michalewicz, who managed the unit from July 2018. […]
- The UNESCO Recommendation on Open Science was adopted by the General Conference of UNESCO in November 2021. The Recommendation provides an international framework for open science policy, practice, values, and principles. The new UNESCO guidelines were created with Polish participation thanks to the involvement of the Open Science Platform - a competence center of the Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computer Modelling at the University of Warsaw.
Poland is one of the few countries with a registry and recommendations for treating post COVID-19 complications in children (PIMS)Scientific Reports (part of the Nature portfolio) has just published the results of the joint work of scientists from the Wroclaw Medical University, the Medical University of Warsaw and the Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational Modelling of the University of Warsaw, on the NEW CONDITION – the paediatric multisystem inflammatory syndrome associated with COVID-19 […]
HPC infrastructure for researchers
206 million core-hours of computing, 475 active users and 282 projects
Research on zoonoses, Epidemiological Model for Poland,
Ineractive Pandemic Map
WOLFRAM, EDELMAN, AFELT, MUTCH, aaronson, …
Watch recordings of the Virtual ICM Seminars in Computer and Computational Science