- The European Commission’s DG Connect revealed the winners of the public procurement tender titled “Managed Services for the European Open Science Cloud Platform (EOSC)” published under the Horizon Europe Research Infrastructures Work Programme 2022. ICM University of Warsaw is a member of the Open Science Agora Consortium providing professionally managed services for the core components of the EOSC EU Node.
- The aviation projects of the Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational Modelling, University of Warsaw (ICM UW) related to the optimization of the global network of connections and the concept of directional transfer nodes were presented at the European Civil Aviation Conference (ECAC).
- Registration is open for the workshop „Lavrentiev's phenomenon, approximation, and regularity”, a joint ICM-MIM initiative under the IDUB programme entitled PDEs in Mathematical Biology. On 20-22 November, we invite graduate students, postdocs, and all researchers interested in the calculus of variations and Lavrentiev's phenomenon to Warsaw.
- The Interdisciplinary Center for Mathematical and Computational Modeling at the University of Warsaw (ICM UW) is commencing the implementation of the international FAIRBiRDS project: FAIR Bird Research Data and Software: closing the research lifecycle in the long tail of science. The project, coordinated by ICM UW, was selected as one of the top nine-rated R&D initiatives out of 34 applications submitted in the CHIST-ERA ORD competition.
- The joint IGF-ICM project will facilitate the collection and use of atmospheric data and enable new research and development work in atmospheric physics as well as numerical modeling. The experience gathered by the IGF-ICM team can be widely used and easily implemented for other UW Units collecting measurement and observation data of various types.
- Emerging from ICM University of Warsaw, Smarter Diagnostics has been chosen as the Entrepreneur of the Year UW 2023 in the Start-up of the Year category. "Our dream is for our vision of using AI in imaging diagnostics to succeed in the market. We want to achieve success, stop being a start-up, and operate as a thriving company. We want our idea to spread worldwide," comments Bartosz Borucki.
HPC infrastructure for researchers
225 active computing projects and 237 user publications in 2022
Research on zoonoses, Epidemiological Model for Poland,
Ineractive Pandemic Map
WOLFRAM, EDELMAN, AFELT, MUTCH, aaronson, …
Watch recordings of the Virtual ICM Seminars in Computer and Computational Science