- Fifteen institutions from seven countries – France, Poland, Portugal, Kenya, Brazil, the USA, and Colombia – will implement the MOSAIC project starting from the new year. The project focuses on open, multimodal, and replicable information ecosystems supporting cross-border communities. MOSAIC is simultaneously the first initiative in Poland under the 'Horizon Europe' framework that addresses environmental aspects of epidemiological threats.
- The European Commission’s DG Connect revealed the winners of the public procurement tender titled “Managed Services for the European Open Science Cloud Platform (EOSC)” published under the Horizon Europe Research Infrastructures Work Programme 2022. ICM University of Warsaw is a member of the Open Science Agora Consortium providing professionally managed services for the core components of the EOSC EU Node.
- The ICM Scientific Conference 2023 took place on November 29-30, 2023. The event showcased selected projects of High-Performance Computing (HPC) users and achievements of the Interdisciplinary Center for Mathematical and Computational Modeling (ICM) in the field of large-scale computations and educational activities. The meetings at the former University of Warsaw’s Library also had a celebratory aspect, marking the 30th anniversary of the ICM's existence as a university-wide research and scientific …
- The aviation projects of the Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational Modelling, University of Warsaw (ICM UW) related to the optimization of the global network of connections and the concept of directional transfer nodes were presented at the European Civil Aviation Conference (ECAC).
- Registration is open for the workshop „Lavrentiev's phenomenon, approximation, and regularity”, a joint ICM-MIM initiative under the IDUB programme entitled PDEs in Mathematical Biology. On 20-22 November, we invite graduate students, postdocs, and all researchers interested in the calculus of variations and Lavrentiev's phenomenon to Warsaw.
- The Interdisciplinary Center for Mathematical and Computational Modeling at the University of Warsaw (ICM UW) is commencing the implementation of the international FAIRBiRDS project: FAIR Bird Research Data and Software: closing the research lifecycle in the long tail of science. The project, coordinated by ICM UW, was selected as one of the top nine-rated R&D initiatives out of 34 applications submitted in the CHIST-ERA ORD competition.
HPC infrastructure for researchers
225 active computing projects and 237 user publications in 2022
Research on zoonoses, Epidemiological Model for Poland,
Ineractive Pandemic Map
WOLFRAM, EDELMAN, AFELT, MUTCH, aaronson, …
Watch recordings of the Virtual ICM Seminars in Computer and Computational Science